Exquisite Shopping Experiences with ‘The Estate’
Shopping in Delhi can be a rather overwhelming experience especially for tourists who don’t know where to start or how to get around. The city of Delhi, being populous can prove challenging to navigate and keeping that in mind, we at The Estate offer to our guests a unique opportunity to leverage our local knowledge and make the most of their shopping experience.
Embarking on a Shopping Tour in Delhi
We help our guests chart out the perfect itinerary designed for retail therapy. From Tibetan shawls to Indian jewelry, Oldest shops to swanky malls, allow us to guide you through the various parts of Delhi. Guaranteeing a hassle-free shopping experience through the city, our guests can be assured of access to reliable shops, retailers and vendors for all kinds of items that they seek.
At The Estate, we help our guests maximize their time by pointing them in the right direction. Window shopping is a perfectly acceptable choice and you are under absolutely no obligation to make any purchases.
From tours ranging from 2-3 hours to all day tours, choose one that suits your needs best..
Tour Highlights – Where to Buy
- Indian handcrafts and artifacts – If you wish to get your hands on Indian handicrafts and artifacts, the best place to find these is in Delhi Haat or Dastakar. These large markets feel like traditional village fairs, complete with small thatched roof cottages that sell a host of handicrafts from all over the country. This is an excellent destination to explore local foods and experience culture through music performances.
- Regional Specialties – If you wish to get a taste of the specialties from all the states in India, visit the State Emporium in Baba Kharak Singh Marg. The Shawls here are the main attraction, and you also find some great Madhubani Paintings, printed cottons, jewelry and miniature artwork. Visit Handicrafts Bhavan next door that sells books, rural handicrafts and paper products.
- Brassware, Jewelry, Clothes – The Janpath and Tibetan market are great places to find some souvenirs to take back with you. Depending on your bargaining skills you will be able to purchase some great finds in these street markets with export surplus, in the form of artificial jewelry, affordable clothes and brassware from all over India and Tibet. If you think you will enjoy a chaotic Indian Bazaar experience then, a trip to Chandni Chowk can prove to be rather fulfilling. Chandni Chowk along with parts of Old Delhi promise some great alternative shopping experiences for food, clothing, jewelry, books, pretty much everything.. The Cottage Emporium is also a leading spot for Indian artifacts, and clothes.
- Textile, Carpets, Art and Silver Jewelry – a tour of Sunder Nagar may also prove to be fulfilling. INA market is ideal for those looking to buy spices in a quintessential bazaar. If you are looking to shop for some luxury items, there are a number of malls within close distance from The Estate selling high end brands.
- Ayurvedic Foods, Branded Apparel, Home Decor – Khan Market is home to a variety of upscale shops selling a host of items such as branded apparel, Ayurvedic Food Items and home décor products. Here, you will also find a number of bookstores where you can find books on Indian culture, heritage and host of other English fiction and non-fiction to stock up for the rest of your holiday.
- Fashion Accessories, Designer Clothes, Shoes, Indian Clothes – While a part of Connaught Place is famous for its affordable export surplus, a little distance away you will find department stores and branded shops for those looking for a more upscale shopping experience. Here, you will find stores after stores within walking distance of each other.
- Hauz Khas Village and Qutub Crescent also make for excellent spots to discover some great fashion finds. Hauz Khas Village, a location laced with romance and history with its many historical monuments, has art galleries, cafes, antique stores and boutiques that stock clothes & accessories by some of the most sought after Indian designers labels and you also find many chic independent labels to choose from. Closer to the BnB you will have access to Qutb Crescent Mall. Here you can buy those coveted designer label made swishy sequined dresses, smart jackets, exquisite embroidered gowns, & skinny jeans in a beautiful building facing the magnificent Qutab Minar.
Not too far from the BnB, high end Malls like The Promenade, Select City Walk, Emporia or Ambience can be explored for some high end luxury stores & fine dining experiences.
Essential Tips to Consider before Embarking on our Shopping Tour
- Carry many small bills of INR 50 and INR 100
- Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes for the tour
- Pottery, leatherwork, paintings, textiles, musical instruments and carpets make of exquisite souvenirs to take back home with you.
For guests who prefer to have a guide accompany them on the shopping tours, the same can be organized for an extra charge, details of which can be made available on request.
For more information on our Shopping tours, feel free to contact the manager or write to us at email@example.com